Welcome to the website (Site) of Respecting Choices®, a division of C-TAC Innovations, Inc., a non-profit corporation.
Personal Information You Give Us
The only way we know who you are is if you introduce yourself in an email, request information, post a comment on the Site, place an order, create an account in our Member Portal, submit files and/or comments through our Member Portal, submit content through the Site’s social features and/or social accounts, subscribe to our newsletter, submit an General Contact Form, submit an Instructor Course Request, submit a Faculty Course Request, subscribe to an educational course, make a contribution, sign up and/or register for an event, create a Retail Store user account, purchase products through our Retail Store, create a Learning Management System user account, create a Learning Management System administrative account, purchase products through our Learning Management System, comment on a Respecting Choices Blog post, respond to a survey, or otherwise transmit your personal information to us.
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and no one under the age of 13 may provide any information on the Site.
Personal information includes, but is not limited to: name; position; title; credentials; email address; address; phone number; organization; payment information used to place an order or make a contribution; and details submitted during event registration.
Other Information We Gather
We automatically collect IP addresses and Site usage information that is not personally identifiable. This helps us evaluate how visitors use our Site on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors to each web page, and the length of their visits.
- The Site uses “cookies” (small text files the Site places on your computer) for your ease. The cookies keep track of your interactions with us. You can block these cookies by changing the settings or preferences in your Web browser. Some features of our Site may not function without cookies.
- Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear .gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel .gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Site statistics.
How We Use and Don’t Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To our parent company and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
How You Control Use of Your Personal Information
You can stop the delivery of promotional emails, mailings, or calls; or you may change the personal information you have given us. Please contact us, and we will promptly oblige.
You can stop the delivery of promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained in any promotional email that we send you.
Please note, however, that if you subscribe to our services, generally you will not be able to opt out of emails that are informational in nature rather than promotional. Examples include emails about your subscription, confirmation of a purchase order, changes to our products or services, or notices required by law.
If you would like to know what personal information you have given us, please contact us to ask and we will promptly let you know.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include Site hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We have put in place physical, electronic and management procedures that use commercially reasonable standards to safeguard the personal information we collect on-line. We use technology to protect credit card data during transmission to our Site. Once received, this information is saved in a temporary location not accessible via the Internet and is saved only until your order is processed and is then deleted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. If we learn of a security breach, we may post a notice on our Site or attempt to notify you electronically so you can take appropriate protective steps.
All copyrights are the properties of their respective owners, and copying of and dissemination of external website content may be a violation of copyright or other laws. Links to external websites are presented to assist in education and research. Your use of any linked external website is solely at your own risk. The appearance of any such third party links is not intended to endorse any particular company or product.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, use the contact information below.
How to Contact Us
Respecting Choices® Main Office
c/o Britt Welnetz
600 Third Street North, Suite 101
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 473-1025
Fax: (608) 881-6494
Notification of Changes
Last Modified: August 1, 2017