March 19, 2020
Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation. The global coronavirus pandemic is affecting all our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life. First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full recovery.
Respecting Choices recognizes and appreciates that healthcare and community organizations are being uniquely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. We know you are being called upon to shift and adapt how you care for those you serve. Thank you for all that you do.
We also know you are committed to person-centered care. At times like these, it can feel like the work to advance person-centered care is de-prioritized, as resources are pulled to respond to the crisis at hand. A driving force in your work, like ours, is knowing and honoring individuals’ preferences and decisions; advancing that work is always the right thing to do. However, the strategies for weaving it into caring for individuals every day, especially in times of adversity and stress, may need to look a little different.
We understand that many of you―our partners in this work―are focused on responding to the ongoing spread of the novel coronavirus. We would like to respect that need to focus and recognize that you may need to defer upcoming engagements with us for a variety of reasons.
We are extending an invitation to “Virtual Office Hours,” held weekly through the end of April, to all RC-Certified Instructors and whomever from your program you would like to invite. Please attend as you are able, for as much time as you can spare, no commitment.
Our intent is to support and learn from each other about how to ensure individuals’ goals and preferences remain a focus of care while the healthcare environment adapts to the unprecedented demands being placed upon it. We are here to support you in the challenging work you do.
Again, the Respecting Choices team would like to express our deepest appreciation for all that you do. Please stay safe during this time of shifting personal and professional demands and we look forward to continuing our work together.
Stephanie Anderson, DNP, RN
Carole Montogmery, MD, FHM, MHSA
Respecting Choices “Virtual Office Hours” will be held via GoToMeeting.
Please join from your computer, tablet or smartphone using this link for each session:
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: (571) 317-3129
Access Code: 864-543-717
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready:
Dates and Times of Respecting Choices “Virtual Office Hours”:
- Thursday, March 19th from 9:00am to 11:00am Central
- Wednesday, March 25th from Noon to 2:00pm Central
- Wednesday, April 1st from 9:00am to 11:00am Central
- Wednesday, April 8th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm Central
- Thursday, April 23rd from 9:00am to 11:00am Central
- Wednesday, April 29th from Noon to 2:00pm Central
- Wednesday, May 6th from Noon to 2:00pm Central
- Wednesday, May 13th from 9:00am to 11:00am Central
- Thursday, May 21st from Noon to 2:00pm Central
- Wednesday, May 27th from Noon to 2:00pm Central
- Thursday, June 4th from 9:00am to 11:00am Central
- Friday, June 12th from Noon to 2:00pm Central
- Friday, June 19th from 9:00am to 11:00am Central
- Friday, June 26th from Noon to 2:00pm Central