The Role of the Advance Care Planning Instructor
The Respecting Choices® (RC) Instructor is a professional who is skilled at facilitating advance care planning (ACP) conversations with individuals, their healthcare agents, and other family members. The RC Instructor functions as a practitioner, educator, and consultant to staff and the community on issues related to ACP.
The RC Instructor becomes certified to teach the RC ACP Facilitator Certification course. Replicating the RC approach to ACP is an important Instructor role. It requires ongoing education, competency assessment, and fidelity monitoring of RC Facilitators.
The value of the Instructor role is demonstrated through:
- Meeting organization needs for additional RC Facilitators in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Providing innovative teaching and learning strategies and workflows for staff
- Establishing a link to RC Faculty (RCF) and resources
RC ACP Instructor Certification
First Steps® ACP Instructor Certification
Next Steps ACP Instructor Certification
Last® Steps ACP Instructor Certification
Shared Decision Making in Serious Illness Instructor Certification
The RC Instructor Certification course may be provided:
- By RC within an implementation agreement (FS, NS, LS, and SDMSI);
- By RC Organization Faculty (OF) (FS, NS, and LS); or
- By attending an RC national course (FS and LS).